Friday, March 25, 2011

A little inspiration for the weekend

I love to read.  And I love to underline thoughts of great interest.  And I love to feel inspired.  Once inspired all of a sudden the world feels a little lighter and with so much going on right now. I figure we all need a little inspiration for the weekend.
Since we all have something going on and it all doesn't feel very sustainable these days, here are some good things to keep in mind.

(I am just reaching for books in the shelf beside me here and flipping through to find some of those nice underlines)

"Bring your children here, and their children, in turn. Do like you and me done and show them how to take a bearing off those two mesas - show 'em how to find the arroyo and the saddle.  But most of all Buddy," he said, touching his grandson's hand, "tell them the stories" - Monty Bassett Slim the Guide

"I made a list of the happiest periods in my life, and I realized that none of them involved money.  I realized that building stuff and being creative and inventive made me happy." Tony Hsieh Delivering Happiness - A path to profits, passion, and purpose


"When something difficult arises, the mind often wants to jump in to comment on it, or try to fix it, or move away from it - anything but stay with it.  this may seem like healthy, self protective behaviour, but the truth is that is you can't be fully present with the difficult moments, chances are you won't be present with the best moments of your life either." Phillip Moffitt - Dancing with Life


"Imagine that the universe is a great spinning engine," he said, " you want to stay near the core the thing - right in the hub of the wheel - not out at the edges where all the wild whirling takes place, where you can get frayed and crazy. The hub of calmness - that's your heart" Elizabeth Gilbert - Eat Pray Love


Got any quotes you like?
Have a wonderful weekend

2 comments:

ids said...

"Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute. What you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." Goethe

Nicole Bassett said...

@ids - i love this, thank you for sharing