Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Who the heck am i?

As I keep venturing out into my sustainability consulting career I have have received some great feedback from colleagues and friends.  And a lot of it centers around my passion for sustainability not only in my career but in my personal life too.

I am very fortunate that I have learned a lot of great lessons about living a more sustainable life and have the opportunity to put my values into practice.  I have a LOT of areas of improvement, but I do have some great practices at home that allow us to reduce our impact.

I wanted to share some things we've put in place that hopefully give you a better sense of who I am and maybe some ideas for things you want to do too.

pickled turnips - all ingredients coming from the garden

me and my turnip "crop"
hanging laundry on the line to dry

my garden

the composter in the back ground - not only is it great for reducing our trash, but I use the compost in the garden which saves on buying dirt!

The vertical potato stacker that Andy made me

my commuter bike with a milk crate fixed on the back for a great basket. 

The kitchen recycling center - co-mingle recycling, soft plastics which we can recycle at the prAna offices, laundry for dirty dish rags and trash, which we take out only every couple of weeks

So there is a little peek into living sustainability. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, thanks for sharing us a bit more about your sustainable life! How great that you have a garden, I'm soo soo jealous, lol!

I have some old wine boxes that I've been wanting to make into a raised bed garden but don't really know where to start. Perhaps you could write a post about how to start a mini garden???